The knowledge and experience to design – build – and deliver
Creativity, attention to detail, and a deep knowledge of the art of design and sustainability are all hallmarks of our dynamic architectural team. A commitment to form and function, balanced by a deep understanding of the building process delivers timeless design and enduring structures.
For over 40 years, VIP Architectural Associates, PLLC (VIPAA) has successfully designed over 30 million SF of space within our local communities and around the country. Comprised of a diverse and dynamic team of collaborative professionals, our team of LEED accredited architects and designers are continually expanding their knowledge of the entire building process; working hard to deliver innovative, meaningful and constructible design to meet the aesthetic needs of our clients.
Our architects fully embrace the challenges and complexities of a given project – throughout all phases – beginning with the development of programming and preliminary design, construction details and documentation, through construction management and administration.
- BUILDING ASSESSMENTS
- CODE REVIEW
- ENVIRONMENTAL STUDY
- HISTORIC PRESERVATION
- PRELIMINARY DESIGN SERVICES
- INTERIOR DESIGN
- CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION
- MEDICAL OFFICE
- MIXED-USE RESIDENTIAL
PHASES OF DESIGN
- PRE-DESIGN / PROGRAMMING
- SCHEMATIC DESIGN PHASE
- DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PHASES
- architectural production – construction document phase
- construction administration
pre-design / programming
pre·design | pro·gram·ming
Our pre-design services begins with programming and review of the preliminary needs assessment developed. Architectural Programing is the research and decision making process that defines the needs to be addressed through design. We approach this through two lenses:
- Quantitative (the collection of the known) – This is the tangible information and raw data.
- Qualitative (the assimilation of the mission) – to draw out the vision of the project
During this phase our architectural team analyzes the project objectives, building materials, systems and assembles and evaluates the design for cost, quality, future flexibility, efficiency and overall environmental impact, productivity, creativity, and most importantly how the occupants will function in the space.
schematic design phase
This phase begins with conceptual design at the building scale, taking a wholesale look at the spaces needs as well as possibilities for new relationships between amenities and other functions of the facility. We will support our ideas with diagrams, plans, and sketch renderings, testing the most compelling options to land on a final conceptual building design and layout.
We believe that it is necessary to create highly detailed and informative drawings for structural efficiencies, and major building systems. Having this level of detail early in the process, allows all parties to understand the cost implications of where the project stands.
design development phases
Our design development is marked by the application of the following principles that distinguish the nature and character of our work.
- Thorough observation and documentation of existing conditions, technical requirements and site issues;
- A rigorous analytical approach to the understanding of the opportunities and constraints presented by the existing context in the pursuit of solutions that best address the project’s locale and sense of place;
- The use and manipulation of the building program and space needs requirements as a driver for the generation of unique opportunities for working, collaborating, socializing and experiencing a unique built environment;
- The understanding of our clients’ culture, its relationship to its community, modes of gathering and social exchange that will impact the character of the spaces designed.
architectural production - construction document phase
Our process and production is based in Building Information Modeling (BIM), where the project is developed through a model simulation of the actual building properties. We have fully embraced the use of Revit for all of our built work. This begins right from the start with programming and preliminary design options to massing and structure straight through to construction administration. This process provides the following benefits:
- Optimization of the design and production process;
- Integration and coordination of the work of all professional disciplines and consultants participating in the design of the building by sharing a “live” building model base;
- Increased accuracy of coordination with contractors throughout the construction process, minimizing conflicts and the need for field changes
- Delivery of an integrated BIM model at the end of the project with project metrics and data for continued client use.
construction administration (CA)
Our architects ensure that the goals and vision development during the design phase are executed in the field. Our CA services include:
- Bidding services
- Submittal review and clarifications
- Site visits to ensure conformity to construction drawings
- Change order request review
Whether it’s commercial, industrial, medical, academic or retail, VIP finds a better way. Browse our portfolio of current projects for inspiration when considering your next project.