In giving back to their community, the Catskill Recreation Center was built upon the vision of a family who called this area home for seven generations. Surrounded by mountains and evergreen forests, attention to the natural environment was critical in order to have the least amount of environmental impact and keep operational costs affordable.
The recreation center includes two indoor swimming pools, a workout/fitness area, locker rooms and other flexible spaces that bring the community together. Green building systems help preserve the environment and reduce energy consumption to keep the community healthy and sustainable for generations to come. Some features include:
- A geothermal system that powers the HVAC and pool heating systems
- A solar system that powers the domestic water heating system
- Photovoltaic (PV) electric generation
- Energy recovery ventilation
- LED lighting and low-flow plumbing fixtures throughout
- Environmentally sensitive furnishings and materials
- The building was designed and constructed to allow for future expansion
- Structurally insulated panels reduce energy loss
Learn more about the Catskill Recreation Center.
Delivery Method: Design-Build
Architecture: VIP Architectural Associates, PLLC
Construction: VIP Structures, Inc.
Engineering: VIP Engineering & Architectural Associates, PLLC
Owner: Kingdon Gould, Jr. Family
Size: 20,000 SF
Year Completed: 2015